2007 UK ROCK CHALLENGE
CREW - MAX
ROCK CHALLENGE STORY
2004 was my third year of volunteering for Rocka (and first year of employment ... tho' hopefully not the last ... :)
I loved my first Rocka show with all its energy, music, costume and flair, plus the whole day is just one big laugh. The ethics behind Rock Challenge are quite close to home for me, so I fully support it from that angle as well.
I am doing what I enjoy and seeing so many young people put on some amazing performances that really wow audiences nationwide, with such a high standard and professionalism - it all really makes it worth while.
I would like to see Rocka expand more in the UK and further into Europe but we canít do this without more money so until that comes we will have to stay as we are.
Being on the road with the crew is an experience to say the least and one I really enjoy. They are all great and such a laugh. Quality times!
My worst bit is "performing" the Mosh - dancing is not my thing, as Zoie will tell you. I donít care, though - it's all part of the fun!!!
OTHER PERFORMING-ARTS PROJECTS YOU ARE INVOLVED IN
- After a BTEC Nat Dip in Technical Theatre at college I've been working (in between studying at uni) on shows that involved people like Sugarbabes, Chesney Hawkes, Atomic Kitten, Albury Lemon, Destinyís Child ... loads of tribute acts, plus plenty of local bands at local venues for local people! I've also worked at arts festivals - Salisbury, Reading, Bishops Waltham, Wildern ... and corporate product launches and parties, as well as Gorge Piper Dance (Ballet Boys) and various other dance companies. Blues Brothers, Beauty and the Beast.
I work as a techie for two youth theatres and as casual crew at most of the local venues and also act as a technical consultant/production manager for some schools and their events.
- A keen fitness fanatic, I enjoy all sports, from cycling to climbing, running to rugby, mountaineering to mountain biking, skiing, water skiing, diving and most high action/adrenaline sports ... but my keen interest and main sport is climbing. (Before RC I was in Scotland for a week ice climbing - I go every year and it's excellent fun :)
Dance is definitely not one of my hobbies, the only bit I do is The Mighty RC Mosh and you have all seen my poor attempts at that! Zoie keeps trying to get me to do it properly!!! Silly Zoie ... she can but try :))
LIKES & DISLIKES
- I have a huge musical collection and will listen to anything within reason.
- Danís snoring!! (But Dave has taught me how to block my ears and sleep at the same time - amazing :)
- A sausage, bacon and cheese Jumbo Melt from Keith. (He owns the cafť opposite the RC office and serves up mean scoff with a blinding brew.)
TV & FILM
- Mum's rice pudding. Otherwise, I will try anything once ... even squirrel. (Just like chicken really, but then everything tastes of chicken, chicken, chicken.)
- Possibly Dog Soldiers ... I did think Finding Nemo was quite good too ... Crush just reminds me of someone ...?
OTHER CREW MEMBERS: DAN - DAVE - MARK - OLLY - RUDDY - TIM - ZOIE
PRESENTED IN 2007 BY THE BE YOUR BEST FOUNDATION